Cost & Standards Engineer i (Busan)
Country : South Korea
Town : Busan
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We're looking for a Cost & Standards Engineer I to join our Partner Management Office in Busan, South Korea. This role will be working with cross functional teams to ensure the most efficient and effective manufacturing process are used, leveraging Nike best practices, to deliver against product briefs and NIKE's profitability expectations at scale. The candidate needs to be a proactive, result oriented collaborator who uses data to help team drive decisions. They are able to prioritize tasks, work independently, and a flexible multitasker.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
If hired, you will:
- Work with Product Creation Cost Engineers to inform, drive and facilitate decisions throughout the product creation process to deliver against product briefs and NIKE's profitability expectations.
- Work closely with NIKE Development, Engineering, Planning, and Manufacturing Partners to actively manage cost drivers in the Bill of Labor and Bill of Materials. This includes detailed review/analysis of documentation and actual manufacturing processes for complete, accurate and optimized product costing.
- Participate in costing and optimization discussions with Manufacturing Partners throughout all phases of creation and production. You will clearly and concisely communicate costing recommendations, leveraging engineering and manufacturing knowledge, for product or process improvements.
- Contribute to the evolution of the Cost Engineering function in GSM by supporting new processes and tools to drive competitive, sustainable and standardized costing for all products.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Manufacturing Partners to establish new labor process standards and capture value for modernization initiatives.
- Support the continuous improvement of NIKE's strategic costing framework including work on functional and program initiatives turning costing and manufacturing concepts into reality.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will act as both an internal and external subject matter expert in NIKE Costing, reporting to the Partner Cost & Standards Engineering Director. You will work with cross functional teams at Nike (Regional Asia teams and Global WHQ/Beaverton teams) and our Manufacturing Partners.
- Bachelor's degree with a focus in Engineering, Business Management or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience including Engineering, Development, Automation, Lean, Manufacturing, Product Costing preferred. Related disciplines also acceptable
- Knowledge of footwear construction, manufacturing, innovation, costing, and global business management; experience with footwear supply chain preferred
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity, remain flexible, be results-oriented, and work productively in an environment of ambiguity
- High proficiency in problem solving and developing new processes and solutions
- Self-starter and results oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong influencing and motivational skills
- High proficiency using MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel 10-20% of the time