Costing & Standards Engineer ii (Busan)
Country : South Korea
Town : Busan
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We're looking for a Cost & Standards Engineer to join our Partner Management Office in Busan, South Korea. This role will be working with cross functional teams to ensure the most efficient and effective manufacturing process are used, leveraging Nike best practices, to deliver against product briefs and NIKE's profitability expectations at scale. The candidate needs to be a proactive, result oriented collaborator who uses data to solve complex problems. They are able to prioritize tasks, work independently, and a flexible multitasker.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
You will work closely with NIKE Development, Engineering, Planning, and Manufacturing Partners to actively manage & optimize cost drivers in the Bill of Labor and Bill of Materials. This includes detailed review/analysis of documentation and actual manufacturing processes for complete, accurate and optimized product costing. You will lead and influence costing optimization based discussions with Manufacturing Partners throughout all phases of creation and production. You will clearly and concisely communicate costing recommendations, leveraging engineering and manufacturing knowledge, for product or process improvements. You will create a framework for identifying, prioritizing cost optimization initiatives and also manage the portfolio of initiatives from concept to execution. You will collaborate and work closely with the Cost & Standards Engineers across the Partner Management Offices and Factory Partners to realize value by deploying these initiatives.
In this role, you will contribute to the evolution of the Cost Engineering function in GSM by defining new processes and tools to drive competitive, sustainable and optimized costing for all products. You will collaborate with Engineering and Manufacturing Partners to optimize mfg. and labor processes and capture value for modernization initiatives. Further, you will support the continuous improvement of NIKE's strategic costing framework including leading functional and program initiatives turning costing and manufacturing concepts into reality.
- Bachelor's degree with a focus in Engineering, Business Management or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience including Engineering, Development, Automation, Lean, Manufacturing, Product Costing preferred. Related disciplines also acceptable
- Knowledge of footwear construction, manufacturing, innovation, costing, and global business management; experience with footwear supply chain preferred
- A pragmatic thinker and creative problem solver, who will research and drive collective resolution on both structural framework and tactical costing issues
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity, remain flexible, be results-oriented, and work productively in an environment of ambiguity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong influencing, motivational and leadership skills
- High proficiency using MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel 10-20% of the time